Jump to navigation Jump to search
Users submit a ticket either by sending a mail directly to the helpdesk mail address, or through the helpdesk form.
Responding to ticket
When a ticket is submitted to helpdesk, the following series of steps happens:
- When the ticket is submitted, the user is automatically informed of its creation by the system.
- The ticket is routed into the appropriate queue by the first line of support.
- The first line of support also sets the ticket state to open.
- The first line of support sends the acknowledgement of the ticket to the user who submitted it, and sets the ticket state to open (using the web interface). E.g.
Dear <NAME_OF_THE_USER>, Thank you for contacting us. Your message has been received and someone from the support team will get back to you shortly. Your NI4OS-Europe helpdesk team, <NAME_OF_THE_1st_SUPPORT_PERSON>
- Agents subscribed to the queue are notified by mail that a new ticket is created.
- Agent respond to the ticket by replying to the e-mail by which the system notified them of the ticket. E.g.
Dear <NAME_OF_THE_USER>, We've looked into the issue with <SERVICE_NAME> you've reported and taken the following steps to resolve the issue: ... Please check and let us know if the service is working for you now. Your NI4OS-Europe helpdesk team, <NAME_OF_THE_SUPPORT_PERSON>
- When they resolve the ticket, the first line of support sets the ticket state to closed and the user is notified.