Acceptable Use Policy template
Acceptable Use Policy
The user may not access or use <<service>> for any unlawful or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding privacy and the protection of personal data, online conduct and the legality of content.
The user may not access or use, or attempt to access or use, <<service>> to take any action that could harm us or any person or entity (a “person”), interfere with the operation of <<service>>, or use <<service>> in a manner that violates any laws.
For example, and without limitation, you may not:
- Impersonate any person or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your credentials, affiliation with any person, or the origin of any information you provide;
- Engage in unauthorized spidering, scraping, or harvesting of content or information, or use any other unauthorized automated means to compile information;
- Obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information or any services available on or through <<service>>;
- Use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of <<service>> or any activity conducted on <<service>> or attempt to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of, or breach the security of any system, device or network;
- Circumvent, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with (or attempt, encourage, or support anyone else’s attempt to engage in such activities) any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of <<service>>. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g., password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools) is strictly prohibited;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our network or infrastructure;
- Upload or otherwise transmit any communication, software, or material that contains a virus or is otherwise harmful to the computers, devices or systems of NI4OS-Europe, the provider or its users; or
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any person from using <<service>>, or that, in our sole judgment, exposes us or any of our affiliates, users or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
The user agrees that we reserve the right to monitor all content. The user further agrees that while we reserve the right to remove content in our sole discretion for any reason, we have no duty to do so. We also reserve the right to turn over any content to law enforcement officials. Violations of system or network security and certain other conduct may result in civil or criminal liability. We may investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the access policy. We may suspend or terminate your access to <<service>> for any or no reason at any time without notice.