EOSC RoP Legal & Ethics Compliance - Description and Documentation
This tool is the output for Task T4.3 that focuses on the aggregation, improvement and development of tools covering the increased demand for providing technical solutions to address the needs for researchers to publish in FAIR/open modes. The tool being actively developed targets the ecosystems of tools for open and FAIR assessors Legal needs, which are tools that allow for IPR, ethics and data protection compliance both at the policy and legal level, following the recommendations set by EOSCpilot and aligned with the EOSC governance. Specifically, NI4OS-Europe with this tool aims at providing an aggregated procedure for legal and ethics compliance by integrating a set of model procedures including:
- Model procedures for Copyright acquisition, management and dissemination policies
- Model Copyright clearance processes, documentation and tools
- Public domain calculators in relation to specific scientific domains
- Licence choice and interoperability tools
- Model Data Protection (GDPR compliant) processes, consent forms and data sharing agreements
- Certification and compliance with EU Directive on security of network and information systems
- Decision support trees for data protection policies
- Model IPR and data protection documentation
The tool will be made available for integration into EOSC channels.
The intended use of the tool is to provide a guided assessment for establishing the proper open-source licence required for the creation of a new (or synthetic) dataset, media, software etc. or for the re-use of existing unlicensed content. The procedure takes into account many potential data (media, software) managers (users initiating or completing a clearance procedure). Potential users may be researchers and research organisations.
Background: Legal aspects
1. Main workflow
2. Service workflow